Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Surprises in the mail..

I don't know about you.. but I love a surprise in the mail. I love going to the mailbox and finding something that you might not have expected. A card from a friend, a coupon to spend at my favorite store,an unexpected check for overpaying a bill, an invitation to a party, a magazine and I do love my US weekly that comes each week, catalogs from my favorite stores or just anything. It just makes me smile! So..I ordered a few things online a few weeks ago and they came today. Even though I knew they were coming, it was still a surprise. Just this week..I've gotten 3 surprises.
#1 My blog book

I think it turned out great! I used this site and it even came early. Since this is my first time to print my blog, I didn't really know what to expect. You can pick the color of the book, hardback or paperback. I just went with the paperback one..it was a little cheaper. You can pick your picture for the front and the back if you want or they will pick it for you. It has a table of contents with all my blog posts and all the pages are numberd. I think it's really neat! There are a few things that I don't really like.. the font on the front is really small. You can barely tell that it says The Haley's. And.. maybe that was something that I could have fixed and just didn't. Not sure. The other negative is the captions under my pictures. They printed in with the text and not under the picture where they belong. Not sure if I could have changed that either, but oh well. It just makes the text a little hard to read because there will occasionally be a caption thrown in there too. So, if you do use this site.. you may want to check those things out. Other than that, I am glad I did it and I can't wait to have more books.
Surprise #2
A new book by my all time favorite author!! Yippee! I ordered a few books from amazon with a gift card that I had gotten for my birthday (thanks Chad and Heather) and this was one of them. It came out last week and I can't wait to get started. It sounds so good and I've NEVER been disappointed with any of his books or movies for that matter. But, the books are always better. So, I am trying to finish up my latest read, Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner. It is a really good read too and even though I am not completely finished with it, I would definitely recommend it!
Surprise #3
A late anniversary present for my parents. I ordered this off etsy. I thought it turned out cute. I used mom's kitchen colors so she can display it there and at the bottom it has their anniversary date. I know mom will love it and I'm really pleased with my first etsy buy! Yeah! Can't wait to surprise her!

2 comments:

Sherry Sumners said...

Hey girl!! Just checking on you...yay.. love surprises too!! Thanks for sharing the site on publishing your blog book...it's looks great. I'm home for a while so let's have dinner..maybe next week?? Love the anniversary surprise too...way too cute and great idea!

Kimberly said...

Girl - let me know what you think of the Nicholas Sparks book. I miss reading...I really need to make more time to do it! I love sitting outside when it is cool with a glass of wine and a great book! :)

I love the idea of a blog book! That will be a great thing to pass on to your children!!!