Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My favorite kiddos are here...

My sweet niece and nephews arrived on Sunday and are here for the week. It is their winter break at home, so they came to Mimi and Pops so mommy and daddy could have a break.  We have had some great weather this week and I am so thankful.  Monday was President's Day and I took the day off  (since we had to make it up due to the snow) to do something fun with them.  I had spent the night over at my parents house on Sunday and it was fun to wake up with them.  We were going to head to the zoo for the day.  It was a beautiful day.. a little windy but I figured it would be a good day to go to the zoo since a lot of the schools were planning to be out but had to make it up.  We all get up and dressed and head to the zoo and as soon as we get there, Hannah gets sick all over her clothes, her seat, it was everywhere.  Poor baby girl!  Who knew she felt so bad.  =(  Needless to say, we had to come home and she ended up getting sick again several more times.  I felt so bad for her.. it was pitiful. She is just now beginning to feel bettter again and I'm hoping that the weather will cooperate with us on Friday so we can attempt to go back to the zoo.  I've been enjoying hanging out with them in the afternoons after school and tonight they even came over to our house for a bit.  Chase is dying to spend the night with us and keeps asking when he can.  I just wish our breaks were the same as theirs. Since I have taken the day off on Friday, I told him he could come spend the night with us tomorrow night.  We are looking forward to our spend the night company.  Hopefully, Hannah will feel like coming too.  It's been a fun week and I hate to see it end.  Carter man will turn 2 this weekend and mom and dad are making the trip up for his birthday celebration.  I am so looking forward to next year when Burkleigh and I can make all the road trips with my parents.  Its not fun to miss out on all their birthday parties, school events, and fun family times.  Makes me sad to see them grow up so fast.  I cherish all the moments I have with them and I am so thankful for my brother and SIL letting them come and stay with us for a week.  It's been fun!  Love my babies so much!!
He lost 2 teeth before he came down.



No comments: