Friday, July 16, 2010

Babies and Angels...

How precious is this little one?

My sweet friend and co-worker, Sherry had her first little one July 1st. His name is John Tanner and he is absolutely adorable. My friend Melanie and I got to go see him for the first time this past week when we took dinner over. What a precious gift from God. Sherry and her husband Tanner had to go through fertility as well and she has been a dear friend to me throughout this whole process. It is amazing how many people God puts in your life that have been through a similar experience that you are going through. I know he does that for a reason and I am so thankful for all the friends who really understand what it is like. It has been so nice to have someone like Sherry to talk about my own struggles. I'm gonna miss her next year! Sherry and Tanner give me hope that one day soon we will have a little miracle in our arms to hold too!
Mom made Sherry a cute little outfit, bib and burp cloth. I thought it turned out so cute. I have to brag on my super talented momma!
So.. I have to share my story about Angels because thats what I was told I was this past week. It's funny how God works. I had the worst day last week and I have been very upset about it for several days now. It was an experience I hope never happens again. Anyway, I was cleaning the kitchen and had the back door open for Oscar to go outside. I heard him barking and barking and wondered what was going on so I walked outside and I heard a little boy's voice yelling, "HELP!" "Is anyone at home?" Please help" It was something you never want to hear. My heart starting beating fast and I ran to the back of the fence. Overlooking our fence is a trail for our neighborhood and when I got back there a lady was holding a little boy in her arms yelling, "Please help.. I know he broke his leg and I don't have a cell phone." So, I immediately called 911. Got the little boy a towel, some ice and water. I tried to remain calm but the lady was clearly frazzled. Pretty soon, the police, ambulance and fire department were all at my house. They put the little boy in a blow up cast thing, put him in the ambulance and took him to Children's. But, the ambulance driver would only allow one person to ride in the ambulance and there was no room for her other son. The lady's husband was out of town and she was all frazzled about what to do with the other son, so I just followed the ambulance and took him to Children's. I felt so bad for that poor momma. Thankfully, the little boy is alright. He goes to my school and will be in the 2nd grade this year. He broke his tibula and fibula and will be in a cast up to his thigh for several weeks. The next day I get the sweetest email from the aunt (who met us at the hospital too) telling me how much she appreciated me being her sisters angel that day. It was so sweet and I am just so glad I was home and able to help! You just never know when God will choose you to be someone's angel.

5 comments:

melanie said...

oh my goodness! That story gave me chills! I am so glad that you were there to help. I know that must have been scary for all of you! I think you were an angel and a hero!

On another note. I love the pics of John Tanner. Please email me the one of the three of us. So sweet! God is preparing the way for baby Haley! Love you, friend!

Kimberly said...

Awesome story Katy! Thank God angels are everywhere! I know that mother is so appreciative of your help.

I love the pictures of John Tanner! I can't wait to meet him!

Be patient and remember God has a plan for everyone! I know your time is coming soon!

Bre said...

Awe, I LOVE this story. I know that mom is truly greatful for God sending you to her that day.

The hardest thing is waiting on God's timing. He has a plan for your life and has known it since before you were here. He will send you an angel of your own soon!!!

Christy said...

What a sweet story. I am glad you were at home and that God used you. Miss you and cannot wait to hang out again soon:)

Allison Festavan said...

Katy...oh my goodness. What a blessing that you were there to help that poor mom and her little boy! I know it had to be so comforting to her to know that someone as sweet and caring as you was there to help her. AMAZING!

I am so glad you put the pictures of John Tanner up!!! I have had walking pneumonia and have been wanting to get up there to see Sherry and meet sweet little John Tanner! I think I am on almost better so I will be making my way up there soon...I hope! Love you girl and your blog!