Saturday, July 10, 2010

We're Home..

From this awesome place! SOO beautiful. We had a great time together and the weather was really nice except for one rainy day.


The view from our balcony..this time we overlooked the lagoon area.

We spent a lot of time at the pool and enjoyed some yummy drinks.. my favorite was a miami vice. So good! We met a ton of new friends.. mostly teachers! We laughed because every person that we met..no joke either the husband or wife was a teacher. You just can't beat our teacher discount! We even saw one of my teacher friends and her family from school, The Fain's. We had a lot of fun and met some really awesome people.


I thought this was cute.. two little girls chased the ducks in the pool.

We ate a lot of yummy food.. two nights we ate at the resort and we also ate at Fly Creek Cafe and Market by the Bay seafood. The best ever seafood! We did take out that night so we could watch Big Brother! =)



And we had to buy these super cute t-shirts to support our beaches. All the proceeds go to support the oil relief effort.

It is so sad what has happened to our beaches but hopefully they are about to get it under control. Since we were on the bay side, there was no oil and they had big oil booms set up all over the bay. It was weird to see but luckily it was keeping it away. I hope our beautiful beaches won't be destroyed forever!

I'm sad this is our last beach trip for the summer. I can't believe summer is almost over already.. where did it go? I am about to be in school mode and I'll be starting this week going up to school to get my classroom all ready to go. =( Sad! I better pick up my summer reading.. I've read some really good books this summer and I still have a few left to read!

**Update on my sweet daddy!
I guess you could say he feels better now.. this is what he was doing last night when we took dinner over there. =)
Thank goodness he is better..that was a scary thing! He came home on Wednesday after 3 nights in the hospital. They said it was severe dehyration and a heat stroke. It is so nice to see him back to his normal self. I'm not sure how we are going to keep him from doing as much but he is going to have to watch it for sure. We brought him back a big thermos from the beach and told him that was his "work" cup and he had to use it when he was out in the yard. I hope he does but we're really gonna have to keep our eyes on him.. he likes to work that's for sure. Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers while my daddy was in the hospital. Our family appreciates it so much! God is good!

1 comment:

melanie said...

I'm so glad you guys had a good trip! We are going to have to go there. It looks beautiful. And, I love that shirt. I'll have to get one. I was just looking at one I want to get Reed. He loves Guy Harvey and he has just come out with 2 special designs "Save the Gulf" that proceeds will go towards the oil clean up.

I can't believe school is almost here....boo hoo! I love my job....but the getting ready for school is the hardest part. But, at least I get to see my sweet friends more! I miss you girls in the summer!