Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Looking Back...

I love to look back on pictures and reminisce.. do you? Since we just celebrated our 2nd anniversary I thought I would do a post with some of our wedding pics and 1st anniversary together. We got married on July 5, 2008. Our wedding was so much fun! Our rehearsal/dinner was on July 4th and after we ate we all got to watch the fireworks from downtown birmingham. Definitly something that we will always remember. I loved everything about my wedding.. the place, the colors, the flowers, the food, the people, the band. It was all just a wonderful day..except for a little bit of rain. But, it was okay.. it held off for the actual wedding. Thank goodness since we got married outside. When it was all over and Jamie and I were getting in the limo to leave I remember crying and saying how much fun I had and I didn't want it to end. It was a great day! Something Jamie and I have done on our anniversary night is to watch our wedding video. We love to watch it and laugh together. So fun! So, I'll share a few pictures from our special day.

The lovely place where it all took place.. the Donnelly house



My flowergirl and precious niece, Hannah


All the girls

Right before Jamie and I saw each other

Jamie seeing me for the 1st time

One of my favorite pictures
The whole wedding party outside in the garden



Me and my daddy

During the ceremony

Yeah.. we are now married!


Our beautiful and yummy cake

And yes.. I was doing the roger rabbit and Jamie was doing the running man..I promise they made us do it!

Our first dance

About to leave..
Jamie trying not to get injured.

So much fun.. and off to Mexico for our honeymoon.
Then, for our first Anniversary we went to Ross Bridge and spent the night. It was a lot of fun. We tried to eat the top part of the cake but it was pretty disgusting. I think ours had gotten some freezer burn over the months but we did try it. In our first year of marriage, we moved Jamie into my house then we listed our house and sold it and moved into our new house last July..right after our 1st anniversary.

1 year anniversary
Dinner at The Club House Grille
For our 2nd anniversary we came to Point Clear for the week. One of our favorite places. We have had an incredible 2 years together and I'm excited to see what the next 80 or so will be like. I love you babe!

1 comment:

melanie said...

I loved looking back at your pictures, too, and remembering your special day! You wedding was a lot fun and was so beautiful. I love you guys and I'm so happy for you both!