Saturday, November 6, 2010

Finally..it's positive!!

October 12th is the day I found out I was pregnant. I had not been feeling right for the past few days..but I was trying not to read too much into it. I woke up that morning, checked under the bathroom cabinet and there was one pregnancy test in there. So, I decided what the heck.. just do it. It would help me feel better. I had said I was never going to take another one of those tests but I decided it would ease my mind. I hate wondering! So, I took it and no sooner had I peed on it than it had 2 bright pink lines in there. I couldn't believe it!

I didn't no what to do. I was soo excited but at first I didn't really believe it. I screamed, started praying and went to call Jamie (he was already at work). But, he didn't answer, so I decided I wasn't going to tell him over the phone. We had waited too long for this and I didn't want to just say it over the phone. So, I got dressed and went to school and tried to be calm, but inside I was going crazy. Was I really pregnant? Had our prayers finally been answered? I just needed reassurance from the doctor. After all we had been through, I couldn't just rely on this one test. When I got to school, my friend Melanie came in and asked me if everything was okay and I just had to tell her. I couldn't even concentrate.. it was a surreal moment. I brought the stick to school and I pulled it out of my purse to show her. When she saw it, she was so excited. She said I was pregnant, I just had to be. It was definitly a positive! That was the first time I had got a little emotional. As tears rolled down my face, I remember thinking I still need to call the doctor. I wasn't going to believe it until they said it was real. So, I called their office at 8 and told them the story. They wanted me to come in and get some bloodwork done. I went to my principal and told her I was a having some issues and needed to run to the doctor and get some bloodwork done. She knew we were doing infertility and was so supportive of me leaving early or coming in late, so she told me to go. Thirty minutes later I was at the doctor giving blood and then thirty minutes more I was back at school. I didn't have time to wait on the results, I had 21 kindergarteners depending on me back at school, so I had to go. She said to call in 30 minutes and they would tell me the results. I remember pulling into the school parking lot and calling them for the results. It felt like the longest minutes of my life. Then, she came back over the phone and said, "Congratulations! You are pregnant." I just couldn't believe it! I had waited so long to hear those words and I just couldn't believe I was hearing them now. At that moment, it became a little more real and I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. I prayed in my car and thanked God for this little miracle of life inside me and tried to get it together to go back to school. When I walked in the door, I know I looked like a train had run over me. I had been crying so hard and I immediately walked into Melanie's room and told her it was for real! We were really going to have a baby! It was such a surreal day and one that I will NEVER forget!

I thought about how I was going to tell Jamie all day at school. I decided I was going to get pink and blue balloons blown up and put them all over the kitchen. I went to the bookstore and found a book called, So You're Going to Be a Dad and I thought that was perfect. I had ordered a shirt off the internet several months before and was keeping it for just the right time. =) It sure did come in handy. So that night when he came home from work, I was in the kitchen with the balloons all around. I had my Baby on the Way shirt on, the book, the positive pregnancy test, and a little sign that I had made on the end of the counter. I also had my camera.. I wanted to get a picture of his first reaction when he saw it all.
When he came around the corner, I said, "Surprise" I think he was very surprised to say the least. It took him a minute to get it and when he did we were just so excited and thankful.
God had heard our prayers and our 9 month journey with infertility had finally come to an end. It was a moment I thought would never come and we were beyond grateful! Thank you Lord for answering our prayers. We are so excited to begin this journey and can't wait to be a family of three!

2 comments:

melanie said...

That was such a fun day! I won't ever forget it either. It is incredible to see God's hand in everyday things....but when it is a baby...whew! So special! I love you guys and I'm so happy for you!

LT (and Max) said...

oh my goodness!!! i love that story katy!!!! :) God bless you and the little one! xoxo