Monday, October 17, 2011

Burkleigh Ann is 4 months old..

It's hard to believe 4 months have already gone by.  
I was just telling Jamie last night that this time last year is when I found I was pregnant and we were telling all the family right about now.  It's crazy to think that a year has come and gone and now I'm a mommy to a 4 mo. old.  I really wish time would slow down.  I can't believe she is growing up but I will say I am liking this stage of motherhood a lot better than the newborn.  
What's been happening this month:

*I'm not sure how much you weigh.  We go to the doctor on Wednesday, so I'll update then.  You will get more shots.. =( Not fun!  You weigh 13.2 lbs and you are 25 1/2 in long.  You are in the 50th percentile!

*You have not been the easiest baby.. thanks to colic and reflux..but I think 4 mo is beginning to be a turnaround for you.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way.

*You are really grabbing your toes and you have started putting them in your mouth and sucking on your toes.  It is the cutest thing.  
*You have really found your voice and you cooing, talking and laughing a lot more.  

*You have rolled over several times.  You are not that crazy about tummy time but we do it.  You love your music and will watch all the lights blinking on it.  You have great head control.. you are a strong little one

*You really like to sit inclined and look around at things.  You love your bumbo seat and will just sit in that and take it all in.  If the TV is on, you will just stare at it. 

*You love looking at yourself in the mirror and you just smile every night before bath time.

*You absolutely love your bath and we give you one every night because you love it so much!  You just splash in the water and laugh.  You still aren't crazy about getting dressed afterwards but you love the water.
*You have started making this funny grunting noise and we just laugh and laugh at you every day.  You think it's pretty funny too.

*You have started drooling a good bit this month and I'm not sure if you are beginning to teeth or what. You were pretty fussy then too.  You are putting everything in your mouth.  

*You went to Selma for the first time and you tried cereal for the first time.  

*You are sleeping in your bed at night without your nap nanny and you go down between 6 and 7 at night  and sleep till about 6:30-7:30 in the am.  I put you in your bed awake and you sooth your little self to sleep..  You wake up some around 2-3 and drink a bottle and go right back.  Not all the time.. but some.  
*You are drinking about 3-4 oz. during the day every 3 hours.  At night and in the am. you drink usually between 5 and 6 oz.  You are eating about 5 times a day.

*You won't really nap in my arms or fall asleep with me holding you.  You are too observant for sleep.. ha! I have to put you down for you to sleep.  At night, you will let me rock you for a little bit but then you are ready to be put down.  Kinda makes my momma heart sad.. but I'm glad you can put yourself to sleep.

*You are wearing your 0-3 month and 3 month clothes.  You were a size 1-2 diaper and sleep in a 2 at night.  The 1-2 are getting a little tight.. I'm thinking you are ready for the 2's all the time.  I'm trying to use up the last ones.

*You really love your stroller and I've found you do really good when we get out if you are in the stroller.  You like to be moving that's for sure.  We usually go for walks every afternoon. 

*You usually take around 3 naps a day.  One in the am. for about 2 hours.  You usually take a cat nap around lunch for about 30 minutes and then you will take a good 2 hour nap in the afternoon.  When you get tired, you will talk yourself to sleep and suck your thumb.  Lately, you've been holding your foot and sucking your thumb.  So sweet!
*You don't cry/fuss near as much as you used to.  Thank goodness..I think I'm beginning to figure you out!  You were a tough cookie!

I can't wait to see what the next month holds... 
We love you Burkleigh Ann

No comments: