Friday, October 7, 2011

Mama Said..

There'd be days like this.. there'd be days like this my mama said!!  I've been singing that song in my head today.  Today has been one of THOSE days where nothing has gone right.

My head is throbbing.. I just need to go to sleep.  I am one tired mama  and this sweet thang has had a very unhappy day .  I think she cried, whined, cried, screamed, and whined some more pretty much all day.  =(  Poor baby..Makes for an unhappy momma too.


I think she's teething. She has all the symptoms.. fussiness, difficulty sleeping, drooling, putting everything in her mouth, chewing on her clothes and anything she can get her hands on.  She just seems to be uncomfortable.

She has been off her schedule for several days now and teething is the only thing I can think that might be the reason or a growth spurt?  I don't know.. maybe someone can give me some advice.  Did your child do this when they were teething?  She usually takes 2 good naps during the day for at least 2 hours each and lately she has been taking 2 or maybe 3 30 minute naps.  Bless her!  She gets so worked up and just cries and cries wtih her thumb in her mouth but can't sleep long.

Today, I had lunch with a sweet friend and when I got her out of her car seat she was all red and splotchy around her eyes and forehead.  I seriously thought something was wrong with her.  But, no, she had just worked  herself up screaming in the car and pretty much the whole time at lunch because she was so tired but wouldn't go to sleep.  Her eyes get really red anyway when she's tired but never anything like that.  I'm sure Sherry never wants to eat with us again.  Everytime we go, B cries...  Poor baby..

She is just not the happy, go with the flow baby and it makes it hard to get out and do things.  Someone PLEASE tell me it will get easier and it will go away.  Everytime I have a lunch date with a friend, she cries.  Sometimes, I think it's not even worth going.  She seems to be fussy more than she is happy.  =(  I sure hope thats just a stage and will get better. 

It's a good thing I am a homebody and like being at home cause it seems she does too. But, I love fall weather and I want to be able to get out and about.  Just not with a fussy child.  Sometimes, its just not worth it.  Poor baby..

She finally passed out about 6:00 tonight.  We'll see how long she lasts.  I'm off to bed myself. I"m hoping tomorrow will be a better day!
It's hard work being a momma! =) 

Happy Weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Jenn Knierim said...

Hey! I had to tell you that my daughter, Isabel was just like you are describing. Most of the time I decided it was not worth it to try to go out to eat. She NEVER slept in her carseat so when she was tired, she just cried. I can tell you that it gets better though! she was much happier when she was able to sit in the highchair although I still had to make sure she was home for her nap! Good luck! Jenn (Hrabovsky) Knierim