Sunday, October 2, 2011

A trip to Selma..

On Saturday, mom and I took B to Selma to see my grandparents while the boys stayed home.  We haven't seen them since B was about a week old so we decided to head down for the day to spend some time with them.  It was a short trip and B didn't really cooperate.  =(  Don't know what I"m going to do with the child that will ONLY nap in her swing.  Makes for long trips.. however, she did great at the beach and we didn't have the swing and at the lake.  Not sure what her deal was.  I think it was just too much for her.  She only slept for 30 min in the car on the way down and she usually naps for about 2-3 hours in the morning.  Then, when we got there she only napped for about an hour the whole time we were there.  So, lets just say she was really fussy.  She cried and whined most of the day.  She was so tired but she wouldn't go to sleep.  Pitiful!  It made for a long day but we got a few pictures before all the crying began.
Both my sweet grandmothers.. love them!

B and great grandma

B with great nanny and pappy

Nanny and B

Little bit

Playing in her bouncy

Love that sweet face

A sweet friend reminded me that she won't go to kindergarten napping in her swing  and I had to laugh!  I guess she is right and this is just the stage when are in right now.  You just never know how she's gonna be. I'm gonna try really hard to get her to nap in other places but I haven't been successful so far. =(  I'm looking on the bright side and I'm thankful that she will at least take naps in her swing so I can get some things done and she is a great sleeper at night too.  The swing has definitly been a lifesaver and I don't know what we would have done without it.  =)

1 comment:

Laura said...

My friend always says that too! Everything is a season...I'm trying to remember that!